Designed to meet the evolving needs of today’s pathology laboratory
The anatomic pathology module in GLIMS supports the processing
of material examinations. The module is suited for biopsy, cytology
as well as autopsy.
It offers support for both textual result values as well as more
structured results. All of them are gathered in the material
examination on which the pathologist is working. For each material
exam GLIMS offers a compact overview of its results, the
possibility to manipulate the examination until a finished state
and to produce reports for it.
The anatomic pathology module also supports image results which
can contain both microscopic and macroscopic images. With the
appropriate editing software installed, these images can be edited
and stored from the GLIMS application. Thanks to the MS Word
reporting functionality in GLIMS, the anatomic pathology module
also includes both macroscopic and microscopic images in
reports. The seamless integration of this module within GLIMS
provides access to all related chemical and microbiological
• Suitable for biopsy and cytology as well as
• Support for international coding standards (SNOMED, ADICAP
• Integrated with voice recognition systems.
• Built upon a single GLIMS database allowing
easy access to all related chemical and microbiological
• Automation of process improves workflow efficiency from
start to finish. Data only needs to be input once.
• Pathologists no longer have to dictate all terms; they can
focus on the diagnosis for the final report.
• Samples no longer get 'lost': with status tracking, you can see
exactly where they are in the process.
• All details of the workflow are recorded, allowing controls of
process efficiency, quality and costs.
DID YOU KNOW?
With the MS Word reporting functionality, you can integrate micro-
and macroscopic images into your reports.